It's time for the weekly instalment of Celebrate The Small Things, hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings Of An Aspiring Author.
The aim of this bloghop is simple: each Friday we celebrate a small thing from that week. (okay, I know that I'm one day late…) It can be the sun coming out, the cup of tea just when you needed it, your child ate some greens, you finally took that rubbish to the dump, or that you finished a chapter of writing which was difficult.Whatever you like! Sign up on the linky, post a celebration, and GO CELEBRATE with other participants who have signed up. See here for more info.
So I'm celebrating the following:
~ today is 01 June, the official start to the winter season and yet we still have beautiful weather!
~ I read a middle grade story written by a bloggy buddy and posted a review on Goodreads
~ all the reviews I've written and posted on Goodreads, are going onto Amazon as well… I'll do this during the coming week…
~ I've been shopping around for some quotes with regards to the following services: editing services; proofreading; e-book formatting; e-book cover
* * * * *
Over the past 2 months, I've been given quite a few different blog awards! Now that's a whole lot of bloggy love! Yihaaa!
1.If you were an animal what would you be?
Ah… a dolphin or a panda bear…
2.What is your favorite book of all time (or two, or three)?
There are tooooo many great books!
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?I'd still choose to live where I live now… though I wouldn't mind a weekend in Paris every month…
DEANIE AND MEDEIA HAVE THE SAME SET OF QUESTIONS:
WHERE WERE YOU BORN? I'm proudly South African!
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? In a beautiful home, with my hubby and dog named Flash!
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I'm a multi-coloured, rainbow-nation child…
LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I don't take much notice of the movies that I watch… so I really wouldn't be able to tell you… sorry…
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Christine's Odyssey by Joy Campbell (just finished it) How To Publish And Promote Your Book Now by L.Diane Wolfe (reading this book bit by bit, over a couple of weeks, as it takes time to digest all this info) Secondhand Shoes by Shelly Arkon (my signed paperback copy has been waiting to be read…) I may just throw a short story collection into the mix, as a breather inbetween the longer books…
THE POWER GOES OUT. IT WILL BE OUT FOR SEVERAL HOURS. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOURSELF? Well, due to load-shedding policies in our country (meaning the power goes out unexpectedly for up to 4 hours at a time… with no prior warning…) there are lots of different answers that apply here… so maybe I should just leave it for another blog post…?
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Jazz is my 'cooling off' listening genre
GREATEST STRUGGLE AS A WRITER? I tend to start off with a bang… and then struggle to maintain the momentum.
WHAT IS THE ONE BOOK YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ?- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
IF YOU COULD BE ONE OF THE GREEK GODS WHO WOULD YOU BE AND WHY? The Greek God of music… that would be Apollo
WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE EVER BEEN TOLD BY A FORTUNE COOKIE? Auntie Cookie, our nosy neighbour from three doors down the road where I grew up, told me many weird things over the years (but she meant well… may she rest in peace…) Okay, seriously. Do they still make those things…?
THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD FROM KIRSTEN WHO BLOGS AT SHORT STORY IDEAS
Now I have to state 7 things about myself. Crikey! Seven? Well that's better than ten or eleven – here goes –
1.I hate talking about myself. Simply hate it. And don't ask me why. It's just the way it is!
2. First came GFC. They took it away. There's Google Reader. They're taking that away. There's Networked Blogs widget. You must have a FB account though… Hopefully it will stay? Who knows. Fingers crossed. Mr. Linky is fairly new so I don't think he's going anywhere soon… Now there's Bloglovin' and something called Feedly…? I'm totally confused. I will write the url of all the blogs I follow into a word document, and save it on my desktop! Problem solved. End of story!
3. I love blog awards and I'm all for spreading bloggy love! And I really appreciate all the awards given to me. But, when it comes to blog awards, I don't follow the rules. Well not fully. This is because I never know who to pass the awards on to. There are sooooo many bloggers who have received these awards over and over again.
4. I can never win with the Rafflecopter thinggie. Just when I think I've nailed it, up pops a foreign instruction. So please forgive me when you see my incomplete rafflecopter entries. When you check your rafflecopters, I'm the one who has 5/20 entries earned! By the way, would someone please fill me in about Shelfari… do I need to join? Isn't Goodreads enough?
5. I often respond to each comment on my blog post. Now this is a no-no and regarded as one of the "newbie blogger sins". There's actually a word for it. I can't remember. But I prefer this personalised one-on-one interaction. It's just me.
6. If the grammar police got a hold of my writing, I would be charged for abuse of the… ellipsis… I simply love this punctuation mark…
7. I sing (untrained) as well as read, write, play and tutor music… it forms an integral part of who I am…
So that's about it! Got any celebratory news to share with us? Any thoughts on blog awards, blog comments, or Google and their ever-changing policies? Know of any new books to add to my ever-increasing TBR? Know of any reasonable editing services that I can check out?