Welcome to the TREE OF LIFE: Branching Out collaborative writing challenge, where creative minds meet epic movie music. To read the collective story in its entirety as it unfolds and for more details on this groundbreaking collaboration with Audiomachine click HERE.
For those of you who are in the dark about this project, The Tree of Life is the truly inspired brainchild of Samantha Redstreake Geary collaborating with Audiomachine whose Tree of Life album was released Tuesday July 16. Guest writers have been preselected to participate in this collaborative writing project. These writers, representative of all writing genres, and from all across the globe, will contribute their own 150 word excerpt (word count is flexible) to a continuing story, collectively written over the course of 26 days. How cool is that? And I have been invited to be a part of this collaboration.
Each of the 26 writers will find inspiration in a featured composition from the motion picture music production house, Audiomachine’s new TREE OF LIFE album. These clever masters of the craft will spin the story in whatever direction they choose, picking up where the previous writer left off, resulting in the ultimate collaborative tale.
Go HERE for more details.
1. BEVERLY from The Beveled Edge… she can really kick-ass… and I mean that in a lteral and figurative sense!
2. MINA who is an amazing blogger buddy with a super-cute doggy who steals the limelight, everytime!
3. PK who is my jet-setting sistah from anotha mistah!
4. JOY from The Character Depot… another wonderful writer, and supportive bloggy buddy… this multi-talented, award winning writer posseses a wealth of knowledge when it comes to PR and marketing your work!
5. SAMANTHA blogs at Evoking The Essence Of Memory, and is the brainchild behind the Tree Of Life Collaborative Writing Project!
6. VIDYA who is always going a-musing, collecting smiles… with her warm, wonderful inspirational posts…
7. MEDEIA who is undoubtedly one of the most disciplined and organised writers…I always pop over to her place for a boost of inspiration! Plus this lady devours loads of books – within a week!
8. JULIE is so warm and witty… she has a special brand of humour and blogs at Empty Nest Insider… her entertaining blog posts are just what the doctor ordered!
9. CRYSTAL who is a happy-go-lucky, cheese-eating, musically-spirited writer… creator of "The Secret Project" — watch out Broadway!
10. SHELLY and her adorable fur-peeps… a loyal supporter who spurs me on… and makes me think that I too can one day publish a story!
11. MARY who blogs at Play Off The Page… a fun-loving blogger who journals about art, theatre, music, kids, quotes and life… a constant reminder to relax and let go sometimes… "connect to the inner child" that resides in each one of us…
12. ELISE who is warm, kind, very supportive, adventurous, witty, whacky, full of mischief… and multi-talented too… she is a writer, illustrator & photographer… some of her photographs have been accepted by Vine Leaves Literary Journal! Congratulations!
Ah no! I've reached the maximum, but there are loads of other super-duper blogger ladies who I wanted to include in this tribute…
* * * * *
This post is part of the weekly hop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings Of An Aspiring Author.
~ Don't forget WRiTE CLUB which is in full swing! Go vote for your favourite entries. Click on the badge for more info.
This week I'm celebrating the following:
~ Writing: My story is dragging along… BUT I'll be sending off some story snippets to one or two 'brain-storming-buddies' and I'm sooooo nervous…
~ Reading: I completed the second instalment of a space opera story which is part of a series… the world-building is amazing… I don't know how sci-fi/fantasy writers come up with these ideas… it boggles my brains…
~ Happy 95th birthday to Madiba on Thursday (yes, we're one day apart…)
So what have you been celebrating? Please share with us! It's already Saturday and this post is one day late. I'm off to enjoy some "winter sunshine" and will catch up later with blog visits as well as reading/writing activities… so enjoy the rest of your weekend!