Today, I'm excited to host the bubbly Elizabeth Seckman here at my place, to promote her new book which is coming soon. I sent her a list of ten random getting-to-know-you questions…. so without further ado, I'll hand you over to Elizabeth!
Hi Michelle! Thanks for having me over. And thanks for making me think…you’ll be happy to know I didn’t have to overly strain too many brain cells in the process!
1. In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve? Mean people. Mean people suck. There was a time when I thought everyone was nice, but I’ve come to find that there are people who enjoy seeing bad things happen to other people. I've got no use for that sort of person.
2. Name three words that describe you best at this particular stage of your writing journey. Learning. Growing. Working.
3. What is the kindest thing anyone has done for you? Wow. This one gives the old brain a cramp. I have been blessed by so many people, it’s hard to name them all. So many! But there was this one time, an elderly gentleman approached me and offered me a wooden cross. He said he just felt I could use it. He was so right. My father had just passed away from cancer, my son and myself were undergoing biopsies (we were fine), and I was in a really low place. I still have that cross.What a gift.
4. You have a 10 minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about? Making a dream come true takes a lot of elbow grease…may as well accept that early on!
5. What’s your least favourite mode of transportation? Bus. From the time I was a little kid on a school bus, I have never enjoyed the jostling, crowded luxury of a bus.
6. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint? I’d paint the ocean. There’d be no waves or ripples…just flat water. (even my stick people are lopsided, so I’m setting the artistic goals very low!)
7. Are you a collector of anything? Not usually, but since I have so many bloggy friends who have written stories, I have started collecting their books and eagerly go after all the swag they offer. The way I see it, one day, these talented people are going to go big and I am cashing in on their early stuff. I will get rich from this writing gig one way or another!
8. What sound do you love? Life. Is that an answer? I love to just listen to the sound of life going on around me. Open a window and hear a dog bark, a car drive by, a bird chirp…put them together and you have a harmony that reminds us the world is still spinning…no matter how bad the tv news may be!
9. What would you name the autobiography of your life? I’d use my blog title…”Make a wish and believe”. I'm a huge fan of tossing pennies in fountains!
10. If you could know the answer to any question besides “what is the meaning of life?” what would it be? What is the quickest cure for cancer?
Elizabeth Seckman: writer pioneer, who hates to camp. Her third book in the Coulter Men Series is to be released soon from World Castle Publishing.
Trip is the last of the Coulter sons to find love. He’s smart…he’s handsome…he’s a shadow op. He’s a man with all the skills a spy needs. But when it comes to relationships, he misses the target.
Jane is sweet…she’s beautiful…she’s a cleaning lady. She’s a woman with all the skills a lady needs to sweep a man’s heart right into her hands. She may be wanted for murder, but she has her sights set on Trip.
Trip sees her every day, but he never really sees her at all until fate and his bitchy girlfriend bring them together. Nothing about Olivia is average. Not her looks, her body, nor her obnoxiousness.
When Olivia turns her full fury on Jane, it’s Trip to the emotional rescue. For him, it’s an opportunity to make amends. For Jane, it’s an opportunity to make dreams come true…to make reality as it was intended to be.
It was lovely having you over Elizabeth! Congratulations once again!