Today I'm participating in 3 short bloghops.
BACK FROM THE FUTURE BLOGHOP
You’re up before dawn on a Saturday when the doorbell rings. You haven’t brewed your coffee so you wonder if you imagined the sound. Plonking t
You scoop it up and haul it inside, sensing something legitimate despite the extreme oddness of the situation. Carefully, you pry it open. Inside is a shoebox — sent from ten years in the future — and it’s filled with items you have sent yourself.
The shoebox contains the following:
1. a short note with the following: congratulations, you have been granted ten more years on this earth
2. a newscutting of the day's headlines
3. a miniature model of the current version of technology, used for communication purposes (latest i-Phone)
4. photograph of fashion trends
* * * * *
THE BLOGHOP OF JOY
In these cold, winter months, everything can seem kind of … bleak. However, every now and again, something small will happen that makes us smile again. It could be a random memory, something you see on TV, overhearing something that makes you laugh out loud – just that one thing that makes the clouds part, and the sunshine appear again. We're not talking life-changing moments, just the little things that inexplicably make us smile.These are the small, sometimes slightly unusual things that always cheer you up – so now we want to know, what is on your list of joy? For more info go to Kyra or Clare's blogs.
1. The expression on my hubby's face, as he rubs his hands together at the start of yet another karate movie. Probably the fourth or fifth in a row.
2. Witnessing karma in action. What goes around comes around. For sure.
3. The sound of a word as it rolls off your tongue. For example frisson – a sudden strong feeling of excitement or fear, a thrill: "a frisson of excitement".
4. The smell of a new book. Whatever that smell is? Probably something terrible like the glue in the binding or the bleach used to whiten the paper pulp.
5. That first sip of coffee in the morning. Bliss.
6. You hear the openeng strains of a long-forgotten song that brings back warm memories. Your heart gives an unexpected flip…
7. Moonsongs. By this I mean songs with lyrics about the moon. Moonlight Serenade. Moon River. Fly Me To The Moon. How High The Moon.
8. The reaction of your taste buds when they come into contact with the combination of cheese, tomato, feta cheese and cucumber on a sesame seed bun. Yummy.
9. That special brand of British humour, courtesy of Mrs. Bucket (pronounced Boo-kay as in bouquet) AKA that woman who pesters the vicar non-stop, from Keeping Up Appearances.
10. A guy half your age looks at you twice… which gives rise to a private chuckle when he's outta sight.
* * * * *
It's Friday again, which means it's time to celebrate the small things which is a weekly hop hosted by Viklit over at Scribblings Of An Aspiring Author.
Over the past week I'm celebrating the following:
~ finally completed reading Cassastar.
~ did further work on my A to Z programme
~ received some feedback from two CP's/beta readers
~ stumbled on 2 great e-book sites, check them out
1. FKB.me — which has daily links to hand-picked FREE Kindle books in a variety of categories, both fiction and non-fiction.
2. the e-Reader Cafe — which is a site for Free Kindle and Bargain e-Books.
And hey, it's 01 March today, the beginning of another month and the beginning of autumn my end of the globe. That's reason enough to celebrate! What about you? Are you celebrating anything this past week? Please share with us!